mis fit

I have local love for Misfit and the lady behind the ingenious name.  Amber Joliat is not only a fellow business owner, a neighbour, a customer but a welcomed chat on a slow day.   I meet all kinds of people in this business, some are more charming than others!

Amber is always a pleasure to see and I always feel inspired after her visit.  I don't know her well but I appreciate her grounded focus and confidence.  She seems to be the kind of old school romantic, something I was starting to think our generation had lost completely.

Amber opened her own yoga space, Misfit Studio in the heart of Parkdale at Queen & Dunn.  Although I haven't had the chance to visit, I've heard great things about the space and her classes.  I'm looking forward to it!

I don't do yoga but when I do, it will be with Misfit and I will report back.  Until then, I follow her blog for updates, classes, healthy tip and techniques.

Amber, we'll see you soon.

1 comment:

Coriander Girl said...

Amber is so lovely, she came into the shop a while ago and well, let's just say she had me at "hello." Let's do yoga together there, we can giggle over how shitty our downward dog looks! xo

Sitting Pretty In the Window

Sitting Pretty In the Window
Tokyo Police Club
Photographed by Dustin Rabin (click to link)

Hayden & Howie Beck
Photographed by Dustin Rabin (click to link)

Questions & Enquiries

Please feel free to contact us via email at shophawkeyes@rogers.com